Raynaud's Disease Rehabilitation System
The Raynaud's Disease Rehabilitation System uses Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) to treat hands and fingers suffering from this condition.
Compact and with a range of programs, this Rehabilitation System uses electronic therapy popular with sports therapists and pain clinics around the world.
What is TENS?
Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation is used globally as a means of pain management and physiotherapy.
A drug-free way of relieving pain and discomfort, TENS encourages the body to release it's own pain-killing chemicals by sending a small electric shock through the same nerve channels that are the cause of discomfort. As the body registers this electric shock, chemicals are released that stop pain signals. TENS also encourages blood flow, where Raynaud's Syndrome has compromised it, oxygenated blood travelling to fingers affected by the condition also assists in removing pain-causing toxins.
TENS can be used to treat a host of conditions:
- Raynaud's syndrome
- Arthritis in the hands
- Repetitive strain injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Other chronic pain conditions in the hands
This TENS Machine features two particularly beneficial programs to those individuals suffering from Raynaud's Phenomenon:
- Massage Programme 8: Delivers a therapy programme that contracts the muscles in the hands and fingers at a similar rate as your pulse, encouraging blood flow by natural-paced contraction of the muscles.
- Muscle Tone Programme 7: A slower rate but a stronger pressure is applied with this programme, using a low frequency and encouraging larger muscle contractions.
Your Raynaud's Disease Rehabilitation System Package
Your TENS system is supplied with the following:
- 1 pair x iGloves: Conductive gloves with high silver content for improved contact with the skin and conduction of the electrical therapy without any need for pads or gels. Designed to fit over all sizes of hand, they are washable by hand in warm water. To dry your iGloves, simply air dry naturally away from heat.
- TENS unit
- 2 connection leads
- Pack of 4 self-adhesive electrode pads
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Charging cradle with mains adaptor
- Deluxe carry case
- Stud adaptor
- Illustrated instruction manual
iGloves come with a 1 year warranty.
Do not use this product if you have a pacemaker fitted.
Do not use this product if you suffer from epilepsy.
If you are in any doubt as to the use of this product, please consult your doctor before use.