Portwest S548 Hi-Vis Ultrasonic Heated Tunnel Jacket
The Portwest S548 Hi-Vis Ultrasonic Heated Tunnel Jacket is an innovative and effective way to keep warm outdoors, combining excellent thermal capabilities with a protective design to maximise your safety in challenging conditions. Designed with built-in heating strips, this jacket allows for constant warmth on the move, ideal for those with conditions such as Raynaud's and professionals required to work outdoors no matter the weather. This resilient jacket also has oil, water and stain-resistant properties, for additional protection and comfort.
Which Size is Right For Me?
Working long hours wearing a single piece of protective clothing can be tough. Wearing the wrong size or fit makes that even harder. Thankfully, finding the right size for you couldn't be easier. Simply measure the circumference of your chest and waist before consulting the sizing chart below. If your measurement puts you on a sizing boundary, we recommend you select a size up for maximum warmth, comfortability and flexibility.
|Size ||Chest Circumference (cm) ||Waist Circumference (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm ||84 - 88cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm ||92 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm ||100 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm ||108 - 112cm |
Key Features and Benefits
- Equipped with carbon fibre heated panels controlled by a button located in the chest area
- Three different heat settings give the user a range of different temperature choices
- Incredible 10 hour battery life is ideal for long-lasting warmth outdoors
- Elasticated cuffs aid in keeping wind and rain out the jacket
- Hi-vis design with additional concave visibility strips for safety in dark areas
- Detachable hood for adaptability in different weather conditions
- Four pockets provide ample storage for valuables and tools
- Chin guard with internal storm flap guards against rain and wind
- Grease, oil, water and, dirt repellent fabric shell for durability
- Available in five different sizes to suit a wide range of users
How Does the S548 Work?
The S548 is a tunnel jacket that uses embedded carbon fibre heated panels to heat the jacket in order to keep the user warm. The jacket has three heat settings that are controlled by a button located at the chest. The rechargeable battery offers up to an incredible 10 hours of heat.
How Do You Charge This Jacket?
The carbon fibre heated panels in the Portwest S548 are powered by a single rechargeable battery pack. Simply plug the pack in, charge and reuse as much as is required.
Is Wearing a Heated Jacket Dangerous?
It is natural to question the safety of a waterproof jacket that contains a battery as electricity and water don't mix well. However, the Portwest S548 has a number of features intended to put your mind at ease.
Firstly, the jacket uses a waterproof thermoplastic polyurethane coating that ensures water cannot penetrate the jacket to come into contact with the battery. Secondly, the carbon fibre heated panels are protected by the tunnelling fabric which is 260g 100% polyester. In the event that water does enter the jacket, we recommend you disconnect the battery pack immediately.
The S548 Jacket is EN certified as a high-visibility workwear jacket. HiVisTex Pro segmented reflective tape lines the wrist, forearm, stomach and waist area and is lightweight and flexible. The jacket is luminous yellow in order to ensure you are safe and seen at all times, no matter what you do or where you go.
How Reliable Is the S548 Heated Jacket?
The Portwest S548 is a European Regulation certified safety jacket licensed as a highly visible garment. That means that the S548 has passed a series of tests that decide whether a product is safely visible in dark and low-visibility settings. Due to the increase in surface area with a larger size, size M and above is rated as more visible than a size small. Please see below for more information:
- EN ISO 20471 Class 2 (Size S)
- EN ISO 20471 Class 3 (Size M+)
This jacket is certified safe after 25 washes. Please make sure to remove the battery pack before washing.
- Do not bleach
- Drip dry
- Do not iron
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Shell Fabric: 100% 4 layer polyester with breathable breathable thermoplastic polyurethane waterproofing membrane
- Lining Fabric: 100% Polyester Tafetta
- Padding Fabric: 100% Polyester (260g)
- Contrast Fabric: 100% Polyester Pongee Ripstop with thermoplastic polyurethane bonded to 100% Polyester Tricot Knit (150g)